“Brands succeed when they break through in culture.”
-– Douglas Holt, Harvard Business Review
The secret behind the success of any digital marketing campaign lies in knowing your target audience before.
So, how do you define your target audience?
Does this term anywhere relate to the last conversion made? Or
Does it have any reference to the insights of business?
The target audience here means the actual/potential user of the service/product, which after looking onto multiple options, campaigns and references make a purchase decision or carries the conversion goals of your business.
In simple words, you get to know the target audience when you know ‘For whom your product or service has been made’ and ‘For whom your business has a positive presence’.
This post might answer all questions that mock-up in your mind while thinking of the perfect target audience.
Is it B2B or B2C?
Think of the service you provide is for is – ‘a business entity’ or ‘a final consumer’?
Yes, both these approaches differ even at the marketing point of view.
Setting up a detailed persona for a ‘B2B’ profile is yet very harder, as in most cases behavior pattern of the person in engagement differs for B2B, while for ‘B2C’ certain demographics, psychological and geographical factors are sufficient to determine audience for conversion.
How to know your Target Audience?
If you look onto the web, you get an unending list of tools to study audience behaviour and the required demographics for your upcoming campaigns but out of those the most preferred ones include:-
- Creating an Ideal Profile/Prospecting Audience Demographics: You cannot sell a product to someone who doesn’t need it. What else you can do is – narrow down your customer list targeting a specific audience by framing queries like:
How old could be your target audience?
Where they should be located?
Will it be a male or female?
Who will prefer to buy out of religion/race dimensions?
The number of queries you built the more space you get in your marketing budget.
Study your currents sale engagements and frame questionnaires accordingly.
- Analyse Surveys, Ask Questions and Consider Feedback: If you own a setup ready for customer base interaction too with a list of numerous prospective buyers (example: email list or WhatsApp contacts), it would be a great thing to reach them through digital means to ask and get their feedback on products and services.Keeping the right queries to the right people will yield the most accurate prediction on future sales and targeted conversions.Use the data you have in hand more generously and try to bring referral information from the same by offering an incentive base to the people engaged.
- Use Social Media: About 90% of the marketers today prefer to analyze the target audience by creating ad campaigns on social media.
Facebook Ads is one of the best and the cheapest place to know your target audience and socialize your business goals.
After this Twitter, Instagram, and Google plus, where you get a vast variety of service other than just locating the target audience, all for free.
To start with – Create a Facebook page of your business, enable the Facebook ad manager and explore multiple tools and options for audience analytic researches. Simultaneously create campaigns on Twitter ads, Instagram ad networks and know the audience before you actually plan a bigger promotional campaign.
- Look for Content Stats: If you own a blog/website then knowing your target audience requires no additional effort. Have your marketer or you can self-look for the Google Analytics Tool for studying the kind of content liked by the viewers the most and the real-time response of a user on your content expressed in the blog/website.
- Take Down Your Competitor Audience: An ideal yet a slight unethical way to get ahead of the target audience is to study the performance and user base of a competitor. Study the tools they use, the campaigns they govern, the recent post made by them and look for the insights of traffic they have, can provide rich insights into the expected audience for the business.
Sometimes using the same methodology, paves the way to success.
Hope the above tips helped you to know the perfect audience for your business setup.
If still there is something lacking, we would like to revert you back in comments.